Jaime,

I was thinking that the logo image actually has a semantic meaning (which can be represented by an "alt" tag). Changing the version of the logo would be a simple matter of replacing your image file with one of the same name.

But your using an h1 probably makes more semantic sense in the hierarchy of the page (and the image you use as replacement is exactly to the point). So if you stay with this solution, all you have to do is figure out what's going wrong in IE 5 Mac... if that's important enough.

-Hugh

For the logo, I was thinking about future site update. They have a couple
version of logo and might wish to swap them around. The logo might be of
different size. A background logo using CSS will save me lots of time if the
logo change. It's either that or changing the image file name but I feel
that the background technique will be easier to work with.

What's your thoughts?