I have not looked into in detail but I can confirm that on my Laptop
(IBM A31p) the behaviour exists.  I can also tell you that I am using
larger fonts (which impacts EVERY web page I go to).  I am on
1280x1024 and using IE.

On Firebird/fox (0.6.1) on the same machine it works properly.

Unless you find this is something to do with the box model problem in
IE, this - unfortunately - is just one of the issues with web browsers
- you just can't know how the environment of the machine is set up and
changing font sizes in the OS does seem to impact webpage layout.  But
you CAN gaurantee that your designs will break on someone's machine.

This is where it comes back to making sure that your designs can
degrade nicely.  This is one of those situations that is VERY
difficult to test unless you have a machine that it is breaking on.

Having said that, I can still navigate your site.  The design just
doesn't work though.  There are probably things you can do to minimise
the impact though.  But without a detailed analysis of your layout I
can't say what they would be in this case.

Regards,
Gary