i'm not sure if this little nuggest is of relevance in this case for the site check, but while on the topic of css specificity...

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#specificity

/d

RC Pierce wrote:
"" Hmmm... I fixed the above simply by re-ordering the css...

Some days CSS just gets me ""

There might be something in that, you know. I'm a novice, myself, and have so much to
learn,
especially when it comes to the in's and out's of CSS.

Opera seems to be the most dependent on order, or so I thought at first, since
re-ordering the
styles usually had a good effect. That was until I discovered something really odd.
Just placing a
'dummy rule' at the top of the style sheet and putting my body styles near the bottom
cured a whole
heap of problems I was having. Well, this and a couple of 'bug compensators' for IE.
So much to
learn and so little time...

Sorry I can't offer anything else, but the 'big guns' here on the list have pretty
much got you
covered. Site looks great from here (IE5.5/6, FF0.8, Opera7.23/WinXP).

Roy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Fenn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>