I will agree that JAWS is an over-priced piece of software.  IBM HomePage
Reader is much more reasonable.  But, then again Lynx with voice would be
good as well.

Have you looked at the other assistive technologies available?

England and the other countries requiring accessible web sites state 508 did
not meet their requirements for accessible web sites.  So, how can we state
that Section 508 is the end-all solution when other governments are saying
it isn't enough?

AT developers have the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines they have to
follow.  There is at least one person from the JAWS team on the working
group.

Since JAWS uses Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Accessibility Agent, I
would hope that Microsoft starts supporting standards better than they do.
And that they stop with their proprietary stuff.  Netscape has begun to
support OBJECT so we don't need to use EMBED/NOEMBED any longer unless you
want to support earlier versions.  Oh my, do we want to support Netscape
4.x?  I don't and don't even come close to trying any longer.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sincerely,
Lee Roberts