Mike,

Just use one h1 heading to describe the page.

Thereafter, in ascending numerical sequence, h2 groups - 1 or many as
necessary - then h3, etc.

Navigation should not use headings. Navigation is just that, links to other
sections on the page or external to other pages or external resources.

Use unordered lists for your links (just me preference) as they are lists or
internal or external resources --

<ul>
</ul>

and format their appearance in CSS.

You may also wish to include jump (skip) to menu and/or (as appropriate)
probs but set them as negative absolute offsets so they disappear from the
visible page but are immediately available in screen readers and other AT)

Mike Pepper
Accessible Web Developer
www.seowebsitepromotion.com

Administrator