-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 7:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG] Web Accessability IE Toolbar

The reasons why the new version of the web accessibility toolbar is IE
only:

1. there was a gap in "the market", no tools comparable to those available
for mozilla were/are available for IE 2. our programming expertise is
limited (if somebody wants to work with us on versions for other
browsers/operating systems we'd be  interested) 3. our resources are very
limited as this project is unfunded so we work on it between paid work and
in our spare time.
4. while some people realise that there are better browsers than IE out
there, their uptake is still very small , and my original idea was to raise
awareness of accessibility issues and provide the tools to "the masses".
5. For better or worse many assistive technology users use IE  for web
browsing, so i tend to use it for accessibility testing and browsing due to
this circumstance.
6. What time I have had to work on developing the toolbar has so far been
directed at improving the functionality and collaborating with others to
create versions in other languages.

with regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
National Information & Library Service (NILS)
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210