Thanks for the tip. I applied the "line-height" property to both the list
item and the link and it seems to work across IE, Mozilla and Opera.

AS

Anura asked:

> My question is: how do I get the text in each list item to appear
> vertically in the middle of item? In other words, I want the
> text to appear midway between the top and bottom of the item, rather than
at
> the top.

Try adding "line-height: 29px;" to "#banner ul li"
This will force the each line of text to be 29 pixels high, and if the text
is smaller than 29 pixels, equal spacing above and below the text.

Nick

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004