You can use attachEvent method for this. But it's supported by Internet
Explorer 6 only.

--

<script type="text/javascript">
        var anchors = document.getElementsByTagName('a');

anchor.getAttribute("rel")
> ==
> "help")
>                       {
>                       anchor.setAttribute(
> "onclick","window.open(this.href,'popupwindow','width=400,height=400,scr
> ollbars,resizable'); return false;",0);
>                       }
>               }
>       }
>
> It works perfectly well in everything I can get my hands on except for
> IE, where it fails to set the onclick event to all A elements with a
> rel attribute of 'help'.
>
> Changing anchor.setAttribute(...) to
> anchor.setAttribute('target','_blank',0); DOES work (the link opens in
> a new window), so it would appear that IE doesn't like setting onlick
> attributes this way.
>
> Can anyone either:
> - suggest an alternate way to achieve this, or
> - suggest a good mailing list to seek further help on (like a DOM list)

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004