I've found a half way measure at: http://www.flyspeck.net which does not require a CMS in place, but it doesn't appear to handle XHTML.

Can anyone tell me how much of an issue this would be if the client is only updating paragraphs of text, an image upload - simple stuff? There is some degree of control over Flyspeck's editable areas (ref: http://www.flyspeck.net/technical_info/more_control.php )

Thanks for all the other suggestions which I'm looking into too.
Sarah

I use www.editize.com extensively on all my projects for client admin area, but yes...it's a java plugin, and it's not completely free.

Patrick

Sarah Peeke (XERT) wrote:

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a browser based editor (preferably written in PHP) that will allow clients to update code themselves, but that outputs standards compliant XHTML?

I am not interested in a full CMS, this is just for updating page snippets etc.

I have come across WYSIWYG Pro which looks good.

Thanks
Sarah

-- _____________________________________________________ re·dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively [latin : re-, re- + dux, leader; see duke.] www.splintered.co.uk | www.photographia.co.uk http://redux.deviantart.com

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004

XERT Communications
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: +61 2 4782 3104
mobile: 0438 017 416