I've been told that it breaks in Mac/IE5 into something like this... left tab img - the link - right tab img. Is it possible to get it right in Mac/IE5.2?

It looks fine to me in Mac IE 5.2.3 -- but then so do the Sliding Doors tabs used at bloglines.com, and I know that on my home computer, they're broken in the way that you describe.

I'll let you know which version I have at home, and if there's a problem, when I get home this evening... or perhaps someone on the list will have a different version of Mac IE 5 which demonstrates this problem?
"Have You Validated Your Code?"
John Horner (+612 / 02) 9333 2110
Senior Developer, ABC Online http://www.abc.net.au/

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004