Hi,

I was wondering what would be the best time to start using XForms? Thankfully IBM and Novell are lending a hand to Mozilla to get XForms into the core and I hope this isn't a long development process.

I am unsure as to what I should limit myself to in terms of standards compliance and semantic markup. I am working on a project with a few people and they're sort of wanting to make a partial living out of it, whereas im in it for the coding and this is stopping me from adopting XForms straight into the framework because of their potential customers being a mass IE user base. I know there are a few plugins around for IE, but should I really worry if IE doesn't support something that is, in my mind, wonderful for the internet?

Im just thankful I could convince the designers to use XML/XSLT on the template side, which allows us to add more portability to the software.

Anyways, just checking in to see if anyone is adopting XForms at this moment, going with Web Forms 2.0, or going to just force themselves to adopt MS technologies.

Regards,

Dylan.

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004