Are you sure? When I open it in OW (5.0.1 v558.48) is seems to happen, making me think that it IS a webcore/khtml issue.

On 16/09/2004, at 6:54 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

On Sep 16, 2004, at 4:30 pm, Jake Badger wrote:

Philippe was saying that it didn't happen in OW (which uses an older version of
webcore), so either it's a problem with a new build (my guess) or in the webkit
framework.

Hmm - as far as I remember, I did notice some strange colour shifts with PNG files in Safari before upgrading OS X 10.3 and the more recent versions of Webkit/Webcore.

I made a very quick testfile [1]- a coloured square PNG in the middle of div with the same background-colour. Safari 1.2.3.v125.9 shows a difference (screenshot [2]); Omniweb 5.0 displays it correctly. Omniweb uses Webcore and doesn't rely on the Webkit frameworks.

Anyone running OS X 10.2 could check ?

Anyway, it is a bloody annoying bug.

[1] <http://dev.l-c-n.com/safari/colorCheck.php>
[2] <http://dev.l-c-n.com/safari/images/Safari_colourTest.png>

Philippe
---/---
Philippe Wittenbergh
now live : <http://emps.l-c-n.com/>
code | design | web projects : <http://www.l-c-n.com/>
IE5 Mac bugs and oddities : <http://www.l-c-n.com/IE5tests/>

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/