On 17/09/2004, at 12:12 AM, Siteman DA - Bent Inge wrote:

Hi there!

U should really take a look at the FCKeditor, a sourceforge project.
At Siteman we use this for our CMS and it works great.
Check it out at http://www.fckeditor.net/ - it's free as well.

Doesn't work in Firefox, doesn't work in Safari, so as far as I'm concerned, it's no good for sites with any Mac users. Honestly, who cares about the price? I'd pay good money if someone would just "get it right" finally...

By "right", I mean support for IE, Opera, Mozilla family and KHTML family (Safari, et al) on Mac & Windows, with support for clean, standard, XHTML code. No .exe files, no complex installers, no IE-only proprietary nonsense.

If that's such a monumental task (it probably is), they should start by removing features, rather than removing support for certain browsers.

Rant over :)

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004