I may be missing the whole point of the original need for the WYSIWYG, but what about MM's
Contribute 3? It's fairly inexpensive, although stand-alone, but admin's can control what others can do.
Might this be of use?

Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com

Get FireFox >  http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=1

Michael Kear wrote:
You're right about that Justin. Remove some of the features!

In fact I spent probably three quarters of my development time on the one I
use now (and have to insist users only use IE - I hate that!) on disabling
stuff. I want to have my users able to produce nice looking content, but
within the parameters of the site design and standards. I don't want them
able to use font tags, I don't want them PUTTING EVERYTHING IN CAPS COS ITS
BETTER THAT WAY!! (no it isn't!) or changing colours every word, or putting
text in gigantic size because they think it'll stand out against the other
content. I want them to use only the features I want them to.

I found a guy who makes one for ColdFusion only that has a very restricted
list of features, and it looks very promising however he has a lot more work
to do on making it function properly.  But his approach is good.  It's small
in file size, loads fast,  and doesn't have dozens of graphics that have to
download like FCKEditor does.   When he polishes it up and makes it
cross-browser compatible it's going to do me fine.

Cheers Mike Kear Windsor, NSW, Australia AFP Webworks http://afpwebworks.com .com,.net,.org domains from AUD$20/Year

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Justin French Sent: Friday, 17 September 2004 2:12 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [WSG] WYSIWYG Editors

[snip]

If that's such a monumental task (it probably is), they should start by removing features, rather than removing support for certain browsers.

Rant over :)

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004