Recent discussions about building a footer with numerous linked items
styled as an unordered list has got me thinking about correct semantics
verses light code/css.

In using strictly correct semantics to mark-up content I think sometimes
we run the risk of developing over complicated and bloated code.
Building an inline, styled un-ordered list with appropriate css can add
a bit of bulk to your css.

So on one hand there's smaller file sizes, uncomplicated CSS (with fewer
hacks) but imperfect semantics, and on the other there's perfect
semantics bloated CSS with a few hacks thrown in for good measure.

Where does one draw the line?

Luke Moulton

Go4 Multimedia
Web Design & Graphic Design