< my 2c >
Good: It helps promote standards
Not so good: you look like a pratt if it doesn't validate

I think it's a matter of personal taste.  I use text links on my
sites, but not on sites I develop for work

I think it you do use them, it's probably good to have an explanation
(alt, title or fuller explanation?) somewhere for the users that don't
have a clue what they mean.
</ my 2c >

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:34:38 +1000, Jason Foss
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Customers don't really care - it's true - but I've started using those
> "Steal these Buttons" ones (on clients' sites as well) to try and help build
> awareness.  I don't think it does any harm...
>
> Jason

Gmail invites - just ask nicely