Sunday, November 14, 2004, 6:01:52 PM, Mordechai wrote:

> While pt's are fine for the print media type, when using the screen (by
> far the most commonly used media with CSS) pixels (px) essentially
> replace points.

When you use points, the system has a chance to compensate for the
screen resolution in use (though most don't, I accept). When you use
pixels, high-res screens give tiny results.

It's best to have the base set in ems (for IE compatibility reasons)
and use relative sizes thereafter. Failing that, set the base in
points, but not pixels.

--

 Iain