Brian,

.mov is both platforms (don't know about Linux, but don't doubt it's there too) more so than .wmv. And iMovie is cheap and also a piece of cake to use, if not more so. ;)

Also, to Chris's point, there are more people with Flash than anything else (both platforms included, again not up on Linux).

Chris Kennon wrote:

Hi,

If the client is at all flexible, I would suggest looking into .flv. The flash video fromat is taking off like wildfire, and with the flash player penetration, it is a stable solution:

http://www.flashstreamworks.com/

Looks great- But i don't have flash, nor have even messed around with it (frankly, i can't stand flash websites), and the software they recommend is $450. That's more than i'm getting paid for this job, and is just not profitable, nor logical, for me to spend more than my contract for something that the client doesn't want anyway.

Pretty sure i'm going to stick with the wmv format, as per his request. It's his site. I recommended an mpg4 and avi/divx as an alternative format, but he only wants 1. His choice... and windows movie maker is a piece of cake to use :)

With the link to the other software posted a few back, i think i will simply provice a link to get the software (like a "get flash" button) or something.

I guess this will conclude this thread unless someone has something to change my clients mind and is practical (free? cheap? something like that)

---------
Tom Livingston
Senior Multimedia Artist
mlinc.com