From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG] Applications that don't open in a new window
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:09:28 +1100

On our website, we ask people to fill in a form to register their
details for an event.

Our backend coder (php) insists that a new window should open for
this
form, so that the user cannot use the browser's navigation buttons,
because if they do some of the information does not make it back to
the
database (or something like that!).

I told him that I don't want a new window opening as it is not
user-friendly and may be difficult for people with physical
disabilities
to use.

We have now reached an impasse. I told him I would supply examples of
similar applications online that comply with web standards i.e. do
not
open in a new window. Does anybody know of any that I can pass on?

Ta,

Priscilla

Regards,

David McDonald
Web Designer
http://www.davidmcdonald.org

------------------------------------------------------------ "Have You Validated Your Code?" John Horner (+612 / 02) 9333 3488 Senior Developer, ABC Online http://www.abc.net.au/ ------------------------------------------------------------