Gosh, I just had some email rage, y'know like road rage but about this email. <edit expletives about the backend person>

Forms, database connections, cookies, and sessions, have nothing to do windows, and I suggest your backend coder does know what he is doing if he needs a new window to make something work.

The list of web apps that don't open new windows is too numerous to mention (any page where you login or search for something) but here's one: google.com

Terrence Wood.

On 2004-11-26 4:09 PM, Priscilla Brice-Weller wrote:
On our website, we ask people to fill in a form to register their
details for an event.

Our backend coder (php) insists that a new window should open for this
form, so that the user cannot use the browser's navigation buttons,
because if they do some of the information does not make it back to the
database (or something like that!).

I told him that I don't want a new window opening as it is not
user-friendly and may be difficult for people with physical disabilities
to use.

We have now reached an impasse. I told him I would supply examples of
similar applications online that comply with web standards i.e. do not
open in a new window. Does anybody know of any that I can pass on?

Ta,

Priscilla

--
"You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery