Hi,

Difficult as it is to believe, this is not a troll. I left the web industry
a few years ago and only started getting back into it now. When I left, IE 5
had just been released and Netscape was starting to get into trouble. Now,
it's IE 6 which is looking more and more like the dinosaur, if all the
reports can be believed.

Now, I agree completely about the security risks. That alone is worth
dumping the browser for. Yet, I want to find out how exactly is IE falling
short of the DOM specs for e.g. Apart from some pet complaints about PNG
support, div border width calculation and default styles (which actually is
different for almost all browsers 'cos I believe no standards ever defined
what the browser defaults should be), I have not been able to find a list of
items that IE falls short of. It would be really educational if there's one
out there.

I had also been scouring the Mozilla web site and I just can't seem to find
a statement that says "Firefox is compatible with DOM Level 2, CSS level 2
etc". Is there a checklist that the Mozilla developers tick off and say "ok,
check 'getElementsByTagName' for Firefox"? Reason for asking this is that
I'd been reading up on the W3C specs and even if I understand them, I'm
still wondering how much of them have been implemented in the current
browsers.

Just to add on, I'd been using Firefox since 6 months ago and it's my
primary browser for everything except internet banking operations ('cos the
banking sites are typically tailored for IE and don't work for any other
browsers, even those running on JSP!!!) I'm convinced that FF is the better
browser, I'm just not able to qualify my preference :) Can somebody point me
as to how?

Thanks for any answers!
Wong