G'day again

Peter

> Yes absolutely. If there is one person in a room and you
> are asked to list the names of the people in the room then
> the list will have one name.

Just to clarify my point.  I did not mean to ask whether it is "possible" to
call a list of one item a list. More a question of "why would you call it a
list" and in HTML terms, why use the extra element.  If we take this
further, we might as well make every section in a html document (heading and
paragraphs below it) a definition list and forget about headings and
paragraphs.  In fact, why not just make everything a div, span or object, so
it all becomes very generic.  (No, I'm not advocating that approach)

> So many ways of grouping related items are correct, and without
> further information on the differences we're just guessing. By
> all means though if one looks better or suits a personal
> preference then just use it, but it's not like we can draw any
> best practices from this.

Sure, it's personal preference, just like using tables nested n levels deep,
often replacing a single paragraph with a complex table (no, I don't
advocate that either).  I'm sure we've all seen examples of this (ab)use of
tables.  Are definition lists in danger of replacing tables for layout?

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au