> Now I've looked at the samples and it seem it can't be done without
> having some kind of text as the link and they want to use
> their own font
> on the imgs. (I know... but they pay me and I do what they
> want... almost)
>
> So can the same effect as a javascript img swap possible
> using CSS only?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Kim

Kim-

I've mocked up an example for you.

http://www.aurora-il.org/testsite/problemsolving/hovertest.htm

http://www.aurora-il.org/testsite/problemsolving/hovertest.css

this uses the hover property on the DIV itself. There is a clear gif with an
A wrapped around it to provide for the link itself.

The images are set as background-image properties of the DIV itself.

One catch. This won't work in IE because it doesn't support the hover
property on the DIVs. However, if you you use the csshover.htc file, you can
make IE support it. I don't recall where the csshover.htc is located on the
web, but if you google it, I'm sure you'll find it.

Regards,
Ron