From: "Amit Karmakar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 10:14 AM
Subject: [WSG] A land of wasted web opportunity

An interesting read on how Australia is a wasted country!!!

http://smh.com.au/news/Next/A-land-of-wasted-web-opportunity/2004/12/13/1102
786984178.html?oneclick=true

Well I tend to disagree but I think Ivan is mainly talking about big
companies down here that are not part of the W3C. Surely that is an
area that needs focus but:

"I often hear people in Australia say they are too small to do
anything, they are happy to let the big guys in the US fight out the
standards and they will just use them...."

makes me wonder if he has heard of WSG, WE04, and many others out
there... isnt it the other way around?

Regards,
Amit Karmakar
http://karmakars.com