G'day

Can anyone who is really interested in web 'design' say that a site such as:
http://www.fosterandpartners.com/internetsite/Flash.html
'sucks'? It certainly isn't standards material (it doesn't even have a
doctype!) but the 'concept' is glorious.

Well, maybe my idea of 'design' is different from yours. I see nothing 'glorious' about the concept of a small white box in the middle of my browser window that tells me I have to download a plug-in, without giving me even the slightest clue as to what the site is about.

A mass of information,

I see no useful information.

Compare that with a typical cluttered 3-column layout with a graphics
banner, text all over the place etc etc.

"Click here to download plugin" certainly is clean and uncluttered.

Can anyone of 'us' do this using purely valid xhtml and CSS? - that's your
mission for 2005!

It's easy to make an inaccessible site with pure XHTML and CSS but why would one take on such a mission?

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web 'Design'
http:/www.betterwebdesign.com.au/