Michael Wilson wrote:

> Tom Livingston wrote:

> >>  Felix Miata wrote:

> >>Flash, text in images, & fixed width that crumbles with zoom.

> > Thank GOD! Then *all* it would be is a blog.

> It doesn't come anywhere close to a "crumble" in my IE at default
> settings or when zoomed to the max. In Firefox (default 16px font size)
> I *can* break it, but it zooms up four times without it becoming an
> issue-that's pretty good. Even at font size set to 22px in Firefox and
> while zoomed four times, the site is still very usable--it's not as
> pretty, but I can use it. I would think we should recognize the overall
> achievements before we scrutinize the details of how it could be improved.

This is with no zoom, my normal 22px default:
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/tmp/Images/turner1.png

This is at 145% zoom:
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/tmp/Images/turner2.png
This is at 150% zoom:
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/tmp/Images/turner3.png

The last two are so different yet so similar because they specify the
worst possible font on my system, helvetica, a bitmapped font, and no
valid alternates. With any scalable font I could have reached my default
size for the main content (#homecols dd) at around 135% or 140%. Plus,
they're using em for line-height instead of number, eliminating
line-spacing at zoom.

Looks to me like a typical tables-based layout made without tables.
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/