Marilyn Langfeld wrote:
*Here's a simple example. Just two columns, two rows, one set of column heads and row heads within the main cells.

Ok, right, that clarifies it. In this case you are, in effect, providing tabular data - that wasn't quite clear from the original email. If I understand it correctly, here's the structure I'd suggest.

<thead>
<th></th>
<th scope="col">Objectives Recommended action lines for WHO and Member States</th>
<th scope="col">Recommended action lines for WHO and Member States</th>
</thead>
<tbody>
<th scope="row">Policy</th>
<ul>
<li>Ensure public policies support effective and equitable e-health systems</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>Commitment by WHO, Member States and partners to reaching health communities...</li>
</ul>
<th scope="row">Equitable Access</th>
<ul>
<li>Commitment to ensuring that e-health for citizens...</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>Analyze e-health evolution, impact on health;...</li>
</ul>
</tbody>

--
Patrick H. Lauke
reÂdux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively