Patrick has some great ideas, I like the use of list items in the cells to
simplify the presentation.
I started to put together a similar table and then thought it may not be the
best approach. I'm all for tables in the right instance. But this content you
are working on could be done with divs and/or even definition lists.

<h3>Objectives Recommended action lines for WHO
and Member States </h3>
<dl>
<dt>Policy</dt>
<dd>Ensure public policies support eïective and equitable e-health systems.
</dd>
<dd>Facilitate a collaborative approach to e-health development. </dd>
<dd>Monitor internationally-accepted goals and targets for e-health. </dd>
<dd>Represent the health perspective in international fora on major ICT
issues.</dd>
<dd>Strengthen ICT in health education and training in countries, supporting a
multi-lingual and multicultural approach.</dd>
reflecting principles of transparency, ethics, equity, and cost-eïectiveness.
</dd>
eâhealth policies to address common areas of concern. Collaboration with
other sectors in ICT policy, standards, and technical and infrastructure
development. </dd>
ethical public-private partnerships for improving e-health content, capacity
and infrastructure.<dd>
venues for ICT action, such as World Summit for the Information Society.
Collaboration with UN agencies and partners in monitoring achievements toward
internationally-agreed targets and goals.</dd>

<dt>Equitable access </dt>
<dd>Commitment by WHO, Member States and partners to reaching health
communities and all populations, including vulnerable groups, with eâhealth
appropriate to their needs. Collaboration: Collaboration with the private
sector to improve access to e-health resources. </dd>
<dd>Advocacy to highlight challenges, set the policy agenda, ensure a
rights-based approach, and engage key sectors.
International collaboration in capacity building efforts, to improve access to
e-health by institutions, professionals and citizens. </dd>
</dl>

<h3>Recommended action lines for WHO and Member States

<dl>
<dt>Quality, security and safety </dt>
<dd>Commitment to ensuring that e-health for citizens, patients and
professionals meets quality, safety, and ethical standards. Development of
strategies and policies to ensure that e-health is developed and implemented
with a citizen-centered, rights-based approach, emphasizing confidentiality,
privacy and security. </dd>
<dd>Support for quality standards for health internet and web sites, through
international and national action and internet domain policy. </dd>
<dd>Multi-sectoral collaboration for developing evidence-based eâhealth
standards and norms. </dd>

<dt>Best use <dd>
<dd>Analyze e-health evolution, impact on health; anticipate emerging
challenges and opportunities. </dd>
<dd>Provide evidence, information and guidance to support policy, best
practice, and management of e-health systems and services. </dd>
<dd>Identify and address needs for e-health norms and standards, innovation and
research.Technical assistance and capacity building: Development of assessment
methods, standards and tools to guide best use of ICT based on evidence;
improve access and satisfaction, quality and economy of care. </dd>
<dd>Establishment of a Global E-Health Observatory to document and analyze
developments and trends, inform policy and practice in countries, and report
regularly on e-health status worldwide. </dd>
<dd>Establishment of national centers and networks of excellence for best
practice, policy coordination, and technical assistance. </dd>
<dd>International, multi-sectoral collaboration to improve compatibility of
administrative and technical e-health systems. </dd>

</dl>

With styles, you could give borders to the header and other elements and float
the divs next to each other to create the look of tables.

It's an option, I'm not sure if the definition list is the better option after
putting this together. How's that for wishy washy recommendations.
Ted
www.tdrake.net