Hi All,

Everyone has had something sensible to say, but it's interesting to play
Devil's advocate with Mark's list:

> - Speed Development

Hey - she'll be expecting me to reduce my prices next year! :-)

> - Simplify Maintenance, Increase Opportunity

Ditto!

> - Open Up Access Options

OK

> - Reduce Bandwidth Costs

Not relevant - small site, with folk increasingly being on a high speed
line. Here in UK (where it's called Broadband) the user pays a standard fee,
no matter how much/how long he/she uses it. (that's for small/simple sites,
of course)

> - Improve User Experience

How?  Speed?   Broadband again - makes it MUCH less of an issue.

> Whats there for a client not to like?

Turning that on it's head, what's left for a client to get excited about?

> I think we probably agree here - the technical detail of hows it done
> is your problem, not theirs. They just want to know about the end
> result in practical terms they can understand.

Yeah, absolutely.  That's the bottom line. Just thought I'd share the
conversation for interest/provocation.

Regards,

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)