On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:49:55 +1100, Geoff Deering <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please explain why you would use a transitional DTD where a Strict one is
> valid and works just as well?

Depends on the client and how they'll be maintaining their site; I've
handed sites over to clients before who were going to use something
like Frontpage or Composer to write bits of content which they would
then drop into their page template, and going Transitional can keep
them valid where Strict wouldn't.

Then there are clients who I'm setting up with a CMS that I can set up
to generate content which is always valid in Strict, so I'll use
Strict.

In other words, there is no hard and fast "always use foo" rule for DOCTYPEs.

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin