> This whole thing is one of my pet peeves so take my harsh criticism of
> it with a grain of salt please. :)

I agree wholeheartedly, one of my pet peeves as well, especially after
battling it through the early days of desktop publishing in the 80s. This
isn't a matter of grammar or standards, it's a matter of correct use of
punctuation. With the thought process that's being put forth here, would you
also put double spaces before and after an em dash? What about commas, quote
marks, and all other forms of punctuation? Why not just put spaces between
each and every letter as well? I'm sorry, it is incorrect and no amount of
accessibility will ever make me change my mind.

I too dislike being harsh, but I thought this was a dead issue somewhere
around the late 80s...

Wayne

Wayne Godfrey
President, Creative Director