What about http://2005.sxsw.com/interactive/ ?

<suggestive cough>its 1/2 the price WE04 was! </suggestive cough>

>Established in 1994, the SXSW Interactive Festival consists of four days of panel programming, a Trade Show & >Exhibition, plus a full schedule of exciting evening activities. This is a unique event where top-notch developers, >cutting-edge designers and out-of-the-box thinkers share their inspirations about the future of the web.
>
>While we cover the how of new technology, SXSW Interactive pays particular attention to discussing the larger >questions such as why did this happen and what are the long-term implications of this innovation.

Neerav
www.bhatt.id.au

Leslie Riggs wrote:
I'm wishing we could have something like that in my neck of the woods...

Leslie in NE Wisconsin, midwestern USA

Web Essentials will definitely be on again. Russ, Peter Maxine and I
are working hard to put together an even better event this year.