Ongoing dialogue ...

> On Mon, 16 May 2005 05:06:43 +0100, Kvnmcwebn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Unless you think im making a HUGE mistake by using this dhtml
> menu from,
> > im going to leave it.
>
> How huge mistake is having website seen by Google as "Your browser does
> not support script" message?
>
> > I mean what are the percentages of users with scripting disabled-is it
> > really going to come back and haunt me?
>
> 1-3% of users, 100% of search engines.

There is no dropdown menu system which to my knowledge runs without JS DOM
manipulation because of IE's lack of a CSS hover trigger.

I obviate the JS dilemma by using noscript-tagged alternate menus,
replicating the dropdown menu structures on
http://www.seowebsitepromotion.com/. It's by no means a perfect menu system
since it is not traversable via keyboard ... yet :o)

I'm working on an accessible version as time permits but IE is proving
challenging.

Cheers,

Mike Pepper
Accessible Web Developer