Is there any guide or cheat sheet out there somewhere which gives the exact properties of each html element which CAN be altered/positioned/styled via CSS?

Like I've been putting:

margin: 0;
padding: 0;

on a default table rule set, but something I've just read "indicates" that tables don't have padding - so the padding rule for tables is useless. I've been doing the same for <tr>s, but something else I came across said that tr's don't have margin or padding properties.

I'm trying to streamline my stylesheets and would like to get rid of any superflous rules that don't apply - or have no effect on - specific elements.

The easiest way I can think of to do this would be to reference some kind of (easy to understand) document that says - or shows - that you can set the margin of a table, but not the padding, etc.

Cole