On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:26:22 +1000, Richard Czeiger wrote:
> Perhaps there should be two lists - one for discussing
> standards/accessibility/best practice and one for "how do I fix my
> float/site check please".

I like the concept, but my experience of multiple lists for the one
group is that posts are constantly made on the 'wrong' list, driving
everyone mad, or some of the lists simply aren't used - look at this
group.  Demand drove the creation of the CMS list, but its traffic is
minimal.
Having multiple lists also starts lots of flame threads on 'to which
list topic X belongs'.
Given the number of tech lists with large membership and large traffic,
I don't think anyone has solved the problem :(

I think the flip side is that a) newbies need to see the 'advanced'
stuff to learn by osmosis and b) its really good for gurus to see the
newbie questions (and maybe occasionally answer them?  Hint, hint
people ;)) to keep them grounded.

warmly,
Lea
--