Don't forget however, just because a user has their resolution at 800 by 600 it doesn't mean they view at that size. They might have the browser window smaller than the maximum screen size, or they could have any one of multiple sidebars that browsers allow you to display on the left hand size (search, history, favourites, etc).

Stephen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Does anyone still design for 640x480?

Visitors to my State Government site are almost divided exactly in half between 800x600 and 1024x768, based on around 30,000 unique visits per day, and we actually provide 2 versions of our site through testing the res before we render the HTML.

There is a growing percentage of those with 1280x1024, but it is still tiny compared to the other two I mentioned.

We get a VERY small hand full at 640x480, which I suspect is two or three regular visitors.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.