> > a div-based header/3-column/footer layout that is accessible.

> http://www.google.com/search?q=3+column+accessible+css+layout

> yields some good results...

Sadly not.

The search for a valid CSS/(X)HTML, hack-free, 3-column CSS layout
continues.

I'm still accepting offers for a solution. Even one that requires a
combination of techniques which incorporate a baseline footer and other
goodies.

For those who are interested in using a real world example, please feel free
to replicate my organisation's soon-to-launch site without tables. Now
there's a Web stabdards challenge for you.

http://d81314.i50.quadrahosting.com.au/

You can see I didn't try terribly hard. And, yes, I'm aware that <TD> widths
are deprecated.

But what's a boy to do, eh?