Gez Lemon wrote:
> I've no idea whether Opera does ignore return false statements, but it
> would be outrageous if it did as it completely violates ECMA-262.
> Ignoring whether or not it's good practice to have JavaScript
> statements in an inline event handler, it is legal, and each statement
> should be considered standalone. It's up to the programmer to add the
> control structures to determine which paths are followed, not a
> browser based on the presence of a function call.

Jan, Gez,
I'm talking about a simple:
onclick="window.open(this.href,'myPopup'); return false;"
In this particular case, if you consider normal to arbitrary ignore the
"window.open" statement, then why do you consider "outrageous" to ignore
"return false". IMO, that's a smart way for a blocker to give control to the
user over the popups without killing the links.
I know Opera's blocker behaves this way, so if it violates ECMA-262 I
believe it's for a good cause ;).

FMI, do you actually know blockers that kill these links?

Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com