Sean SPALDING wrote:
This page (http://www.business.ecu.edu.au/users/sean/webdev/flobo.htm) has a
styled DL in a table. In IE the 2nd, 3rd, etc DDs for each DT slip left
under the DT.

Any suggestions?

Hi Sean

One suggestion would be to float the <dd> elements right and use their width and right margin to achieve that end. I've appended the stylesheet, with the necessary changes, below. It was necessary to add a

clear: both;

to your .content img and .content h1 elements to prevent the image and heading leaping to the top of the cell as a result of the floated definition list elements.

Semantically I don't see anything wrong with this use of a definition list. It's entirely valid to have more than one description associated with a term.

The table-based layout is another matter, but then I guess you know that all too well!

Your profile.css would become:

.content td h1 {
   margin-top: 30px;
   text-transform : none;