I've read in several places that yes, screen readers ignore < b > and < i >. However, as I don't have a screen reader, nor do I know any facilities with one that I could use for testing purposes - I really have absolutely no idea. lol.

Christian Montoya wrote:

Oh, it *is* valid. I was mistaken... I'll have to remember that.

How do screen readers handle < b > and < i > ? Do they really ignore those tags? Just wondering because I know screen readers tend not to follow the rules.