Hi everyone!

I am currently using the extreme tracker on my website and prefer it over some xhtml compliant ones like sitemeter and statcounter.  Webstats4u is also ok, but it is not xhtml compliant.

Through a google search, I came across the discussions on this list about making the extreme tracker compliant, but I am still having a tough time getting it to work.

I followed the source code at Bert Doorn’s site without luck.  I wrote to him and he kindly responded to put EXd.write on one line.  I tried that without any success.  However, I don’t know if I corrected that properly.  My text editor creates new lines when there are spaces.  I tried eliminating all spaces in the line, and also tried just leaving the spaces before height and width.   Neither worked.

http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/

my version:

http://www.lymeinfo.net/medical.html

I also tried the tip at the following site:

http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/archives//DOM_extreme_tracker/

my version:

http://www.lymeinfo.net

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get that to work either.  I also noticed that on the splintered site and my site where I have the comparable code, there is often a notice in the bottom bar of firefox that it is waiting for the “eo.extreme-dm” site.  This message is not found at Bert’s site at the same time, or at my other pages where I have non compliant trackers.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I can fix the extreme tracker to make it compliant and functional.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Yahoo! for Good