Rhys wrote:
> But with the implementations in ie6 and the ones to come in ie7 perhaps its
> time to finally stop worrying about ie 4/5

you're the only one that can take on that issue and make a decision
for *your* site. Different sites require different decisions. Examine
your logs and weigh them up against the site objectives (user +
business).

fwiw, I forgot about testing in IE4 about 3 years ago. I still like to
make things look "ok" [1] in IE5.0 but if some text is butting up
against the edge of a container due to it not supporting some float
issue or something, i dont worry about it. Its usually a better story
with IE5.5.

[1] give an example of "ok" to your client early on and explain why
spending 99% of your time on 1% (percentages always make your argument
sound good ;-) of their audience is not spending their money in the
right place.

cheers,
pete

Peter Ottery ~ Creative Director