We are using the fixed THEAD/TFOOT extensively and dont have any problems with it.

I also applied the concept to fixing a left hand section - which also worked.

Yes, and while it uses a DIV wrapped around the table (and the fixed sections are anchored to that DIV) it provides the very familiar behaviour the people expect from a table with very minimal CSS.

Is it standard across all browsers?  Don't know, don't care.  We are only using it in a controlled environment.

Regards,
Gary

On 11/8/05, Terrence Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ted Drake said:
> I'd like to keep the thead fixed and let the remainder of the
> rows scroll underneath it.

I looked around for a solution to this recently. Most solutions rely on
wrapping parts of the table in divs and positioning those, and that just
didn't appeal to me.

I did find this one, which is valid but haven't used it:
http://www.imaputz.com/cssStuff/bulletVersion.html

kind regards
Terrence Wood.

The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/