Welcome to the Firefox support list...aeh...

Anyway, the installation block has been in Firefox for ages (at least since 0.9, I think). Did you then actually click the "Edit Options" button, like it says right there? Can't be more explicit than that...

Patrick

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Kendall
Sent: 01 December 2005 11:18
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] BBC E-mail: Overhaul for Firefox web browser

I've used Firefox as my defualt browers for some time now and wouldn't go back.   Recently I changed to Thunderbird for my e-mails.   But having just downloaded the latest versions i'm getting frustrated with Firefox and trying to install a new theme.   If i click on install I get an error bar pop up saying that Software Installation is disabled (see attached img).   I've changed all the settings I can find without sucess.   Then I tried right click on the install link, downloaded it and then slected tools/menu themes but not luck there.  Not recongnised.   Thunderbird works fine that way.

Cheers!!!!
Al