Hey,

Oh the code is horrid. No question. What I am being told is that Peoplesoft/Oracle are *working on it* and there is nothing the developer using the tools can do.

Drill down into a discussion with a development team and you find out that if they do change the way the HTML is then when/if they upgrade everything breaks. So I am told.

What I am looking for is a case where: (a) people have an accessible deployment or (b) people have been forced to ditch it because of accessibility. I am hoping for (a) cause you can't convince a Peoplesoft developer that what they are using is essentially a dated tool set that is a throwback to 1996... and with the amount they make consulting I can see why. According to them: It is all powerful, does all things, nothing can handle the loads it does (it chokes on 5000 or less simultaneous users) and nothing can touch it.

But really its just a tool that generates SQL and code for the front end in a visual authoring environment... There are (or was) a lot of uni's using it as they had some big add blitz in the late 90's promising all things to all people with regards to admissions, someone must have some idea ;)

Jesse

James Ellis wrote:
Hi

You could try running it through HTML tidy... or maybe you could write your own frontend to their backend?

Do you have some example pages?

Cheers
James