> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Are tables unauthorized?
> I never said that tables are meant for design. But even by w3.org
> standards they are  used for displaying tabular data .

Tabular data is, of course, a completely different matter. Using tables
is of course the best, most semantic way to present that sort of
information. In fact, any attempts at "recreating" a table, but just
with spans, divs and similar, is a futile, nay illogical exercise, as
the end result can never have the same level of explicit association
and relationship between the various data cells and the headings.

But I can see how the thread starter's question seemed to imply a
complete site layout, rather than tabular data specifically.

Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk
http://webstandards.org/