Kevin Ross said:
> his logo and "business presence" is always maintained when the client
> visits a link to one of the manufacturers.

Ugh. This is a bit pre-dot bomb isn't it? I'd wager that this type of site
will only serve to diminish his online presence, not enhance it.

Is there a benefit for to the actual client? Is this idea OK with the
manufacturers represented (bandwidth, content copyright, existing or
alternate preferred supplier agreements)? Wouldn't some acutal blurbage on
his own site together with a link to the manufacturers be better (improved
SEO, improved user experience, more control over content and ownership of
his own brand)?

> Now, I am not a proponent of frames, but this sounds like frames to me.

Correct.

> Is there a way to do this using Web Standards and CSS (my preference) ?

Frames, including iframe form part of HTML 4, and if your site validates
then that is standards design. The only other way I know of to have the
'business presence' appear as part of the manufacturers site is to talk
with them and insert some server side code at their end based on a the
referer header.

> If so, are there any examples of this out there ?

Hijacking other sites in a frameset? Sure there are plenty of pron sites
that do this (so I've been told). Or try wayback machine =)

> Thanks so much for any help you can give.

OK. I apologise for my somewhat cynical and jaded answer in the middle
here, but the first two paragraphs are worth expanding on.

kind regards
Terrence Wood.