Samuel,

I think you'll find their are too many variables in a website to do this easily. Plus you'll never convince designers to stick to those set layouts :D

of course, it's not all or nothing. The more people who help build this body of knowledge, the better it will be, and the more people who use it, the better web solutions in general will be

Also, it really isn't about "layouts" - much more about page architecture and data models than presentation. The outline language I'll post soon makes this much clearer (also, the word "patterns" is somewhat misleading, because we initially think of visual design)

thanks

john

John Allsopp

style master :: css editor :: http://westciv.com/style_master