What do you mean by 'usability'?
Because there is no such thing as user-friendliness, it just depends
on the interface you are used to. If you spent 40 years of your life
using command line, I'm sure you wouldn't find M$ Windows (R) so
intuitive. The same applies if you've been using Photoshop since v5.0.
What I mean is that The GIMP is an alternative, but many people when
looking for an alternative, expect a clon.

AlvAro

-