On 1/19/06, Chris Kennon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My understanding of the title element appears shallow. Usage of the
> title attribute within an Object , Frame and link is well documented.
> However, when I encountered it with <p title="some title">Some Text</
> p> my was took on a wide-eyed look of embarrassment, as I was unaware
> of its usage in this context. Would someone enlighten on the
> flexibility of the title attribute?

Well, the title attribute really can be used for anything, like p and
ul and etc. But as far as I know, the only thing this adds is a little
tooltip popup of the title in some browsers. This isn't really useful,
it works like you often see with acronym tags, and it isn't used by
most screen readers or other non-visual devices. You can use
javascript to make cool popups that use the title attribute [1], but
nothing beats contextual information.

[1] much like you see at http://dustindiaz.com/

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com